I Forge Iron

Portable Forge

Donnie

I needed something portable. Everything, except the blower came from the scrap pile. I will be doing my first public demo on the 16th. Since I have never done anything in front of a crowd, I will probably be bringing some items back to the scrap pile.:rolleyes:

14116.attach

Donnie, Great job on the forge ! Is that a 10" stack or 12" ? I need to put one on mine. I'm still working outside the shop until I get better organized inside and handling the smoke would be a big plus.
Be sure to post your work, looking forward to seeing it.

Dick

Thanks for the comments.
Dick, it is a 10" stack. At start up the flames enter horizontally.
jedsdad05, it has "The Athens Hardware Company, Athens,Ga." casted on the side of it. I have another one identical to it except it has the name "Lancaster" on it.

Donnie,

This is just a thought. Can you detach the blower from its stand? Depending on the amount of portability you want, you could attach it to the table so you don't have to pack the stand around also. I don't know if you have enough room on the forge table but a bracket might give you the room. Looks like a solid project and very usable as it stands.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...