I Forge Iron

In need of ideas for a memorial

Well I need to dig out some info from you gentlman. A couple of days ago a fellow firefighters mother passed and it was brought to my attention that they would like me to forge up some sort of plac saying in memory of. You guys got any ideas I could sure use some. Thanks

Angus........

If you spell her name by removing the letters from the plaque, the negative space can stand as memorial to her passing on from this space to the next.

Then say the rest in positive space to speak of the things remaining here.

I know that isn't said terribly well, my BS must be low, I hope it gets the idea across well enough though.

Frosty

The department want to buy a tree to plant some were on his property so they would like me to forge up a plak of some sorts to go in front of it Like( In memory of Name . And may i just say wow you guys have given me some good ideas. Lanchie76 i think i will try your idea see how that turns out, but keep the ideas coming guys I sure do appreciate it. I know nothing about her I didnt know his mom was still around John is in his 60's so that would have to make her 80 or more.

Angus,
My aunt wanted a small memorial for a tree she planted in memory of my uncle. I acquired some metal letters from King Arch. Metals and gas welded them to the edge of some 1/8 X 1" stock and then added some posts. She had a flat rock that I was able to drill to match the posts. Took some scrap and built a stand for the rock to lean against. I decorated it with a couple of horseshoes. She was very pleased
To a fellow firefighter,
Good Luck,
Jerry

Starting to work on one as we speak.
Here is the plan:
6" X 9" X .25 mild steel plate. Will tig weld .50 tall letter out lines onto the plate with ss wire. Frame above plate like a picture with hammered and textured 1" or 1.5" X .25" flat bar. 2 .50 square legs hammered and twisted with cross pc welded in between the two approx. 8" up from the bottom of the legs to help facilitate sticking it into the ground. Top of the legs to be bent at 45 degree angle where the above plate is attached for easier reading from a standing position. Customer wants it painted black. I will then take a small polishing pad and remove the black paint from the ss letters. We will see how it turns out. Did a similar lettering job all out of ss that is attached to a sunken memorial out in the Atlantic, it turned out quite nice. Good luck.

Ifitsmetal.. sounds like a good project, one ? what is ss wire not being a mig welder i dont know that part of the welding terms im a stick welder. Hey and take some pictures I would love to see how it turns out.

Angus

Ifitsmetal.. sounds like a good project, one ? what is ss wire not being a mig welder i dont know that part of the welding terms im a stick welder. Hey and take some pictures I would love to see how it turns out.

Angus

ss is just short for stainless steel Angus.