I Forge Iron

A new kind of leaf (for me)

I was watching a roadrunner commercial, and they had a drawing of a flower with a stylized leaf, it occurred to me that it could be done in metal, so being as how I had some time... well the flower is not that terrific, but I had to work out the idea in iron, and now I can move to improve, here is rev 1.
and yes... the wife loved it, funky yard art ya-know

Thanks all, this was my first venture into "negative space" and I'm not sure that term even qualifies, but the idea shows a lot of potential for many applications, if you go in this direction, please post it as it would be interesting to see what ideas this leads to!

Oh yeah, negative space applies.

Very nice idea, I'm going to put that right in my little bag of tricks. Heck, I may go out and give it a try today. I have a couple ideas for doing hearts I want to try too. One is kind of similar. Hmmmmm.

Thanks Buddy.

Frosty

whew, when Frosty says thanks, it must be something good!! sic, I'm really happy it's an idea you guys like, what is scary, is I'm almost getting as much enjoyment from the comments on the projects, as doing them. Please please please, post your efforts as well.

• 2 weeks later...

funny thing, this was just a prototype, and yet my wife showed it to her friends, and now, I have to make 3 more, but the good news is, I'll have plenty of peach cobbler and baked goods all summer long!! These ladies all bake fresh from the tree, so while my budget is not enhanced, my waistline surely will be, yeehaw~

Hard to say where great creative ideas come from!
That is great fresh Idea for a forge leaf. I'm grabbing a picture to put in my Idea file.

One of hardest things I have to to do is breaking out the traditional mold and get into an idiom that will appeal to contemporary tastes with out going the abstract route.

You have done it well with this pieces and I can only envy your creativity.