I Forge Iron

neck knife

Walowan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice, but it's maybe not a good idea to carry a friction folder as neck knife in other way than in a sheath.

Back in my boyscout days a few of our scoutmasters carries similar neck knives, and the easiest way we found to make them safe for daily wear was to put a sheath around the closed knife. something you could easily pull off when the knife is needed.

Another option would be to get one of those rare Earth magnets, and inset it into the side of the grip. When the blade is closed it would hold it shut. I picked up a telescopic pickup tool at a gun show for a buck, that one had an 8# capacity magnet, and yes it will pick up an 8# sledge hammer head.

Another option would be to get one of those rare Earth magnets, and inset it into the side of the grip. When the blade is closed it would hold it shut. I picked up a telescopic pickup tool at a gun show for a buck, that one had an 8# capacity magnet, and yes it will pick up an 8# sledge hammer head.

:blink: not a bad idea. I think I might try that one.