I Forge Iron

fisher anvil

answers??? you have not asked any questions, fisher is a nice anvil brand, they have a cast steel face with a cast iron base, early made fishers and little anvils tend to not have the two bolt down holes on the base. but all the rest have them. a quit anvil to work on because of the cast iron base

O i dident know that, acutely i dident know they even regularly made anvils that large, ive seen a picture of one that was like 1400 or something but i think it was at the worlds fair or something and that it was just made for that show. ive never seen a fisher bigger than 300lb other than above mentioned

DK, My Fisher is about that size but has the bolt holes and the fellow I bought it from got it at a ship salvage yard that had dozens of them setting around all painted grey. Almost every ship had one. Even when I was in the Navy in '66 my ship had one and I don't know for what except for the first class machinest mate to sit his coffee mug on. There was no forge to heat metal only cold forging. The o/a torch set up wasn't even in the same space as the anvil, not even close, it was in damage control.:cool: