I Forge Iron

All Good Up and Running

Apoligise to those who read my thread about Forge up and Running. My intentions where to place some photos with it but being comutir, combuter, cumputer not so good , I had dramas..not is all lost I was able to place some photos of my set up on my gallery page. My Master (looks nothing like Yoda) has yet to see it personally and I am sure he can tweak it a bit.. If the photos I originally posted turn up somewhere???? feel free to press the delete button or as I do often, mash the whole keyboard with your fist.....(mmmm starting to feel like a B/S)

1, Click the "Go Advanced" button below the Quick Reply text window.

2, Scroll down in that window till you come to the "Manage Attachments" button and click it.

3, A window with a number of browse buttons will open, click a "Browse" button and select a picture from your computer. Repeat this step till you have all the pics you want to attach to the post.

4, Then click the "Upload" button.

5, After they're uploaded (the browse windows will be empty again) close that window.

The pics will be attached as linked thumbnails at the bottom of your post when you submit it.

It's easier to do than describe. . . Really. :rolleyes:

Frosty

My pleasure Bully, I like pictures.

Nice looking place and set up you have there. They're hard to see though I think there's a suspicious looking bloke in one shot. :P

These came out pretty small. They're usually thumbnail links to a full size pic. Hmmmm.

Frosty

Yeah Frosty he's very suspicious looking. Dont know what happened with the photos and why they are small. Have tried something different and attatched another just to see if I have got it right.

12362.attach

Whatever you did differently this time worked perfectly.

I love it Bully a most excellent smithy right down to the bromeliads on the wall. A little too neat for me maybe but nobody's perfect. ;)

I have one suggestion, the fire extinguisher and alarm should be by the exit, not next to the most likely source of a fire. You could find yourself cut off from the extinguisher for the brief window of time you have to put a fire out before it grows beyond a fire extinguisher's capacity. Or WORSE you could find yourself cut off from the exit after grabbing the extinguisher.

What are the valves on the wall next to the forge?

Frosty

Very nice Bully :)

Good to put a face to a name too, even one as ugly as mine (what is it about Uncy Chop Chop and students who look like axe murderers? LOL)

Just ragging youse bloke. Nice set up and I'm sure Dale will be able to tweak it a bit more for youse too. Agree with Frosty though, my fire fighting gear is all near the exits. I'd rather be fighting to get in than fighting to get out.

Have you 'got' that sense of contentment yet you get from being next to the fire waiting for your steel to get to temp? Or put a 'face of the day' on the anvil yet? (the face of the day is the person or persons who've got right on your nips, you simply imagine the anvil is their mug and whale away. GREAT relaxation therapy, especially in your line of work. Try it LOL :D

Bully , way ta go mate , LOVE IT , but as Frosty said " A little too neat for me maybe but nobody's perfect "

A little " tweakin' " here & there is all i can see from the pix bloke

Ian , must be my " magnitic personality " ( btw Bully , your WAY BETTER LOOKIN" then Ian ...:) )

Whats that eleventh commandment, thou shall not covet thy neighbours smithy. Bully, looks great mate, my setup has to be portable because I work in the same shed that I park my tool laden ute in.:(

Thanks for the comments, due to the lack of space thats where the fire extinguisher ended up but with the points you raised yeah might not be the best place. As for exits I figure cause its open on one side thats my main exit if need be. LOL I knew someone would ask what the gauges are for. I just had em laying around for years and thought I would put them there for looks so in answer to your question Frosty 'nothing but visual'. The fire alarm is actually my switch to turn off and on the air supply (vaccum cleaner) which is located in the black box under the bench. The air is regulated by a airgate and excess is either blown up the hood/flue (or on me) although I dont have to as it draws quite well. As for being to tidy watch this space, you should see my other shed lost the dog for 2 days in that one. Cheers