Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'chopper'.
Found 3 results
Ernesto Urdanata's steller pictures of my first chopper from my Forged In Fire Chapions of Champions edition! @efactor1 Thank you again Ernesto, the pictures are fantastic! I had a blast making this knife even though the time constraints were tight. Stabilized dyed maple, black G10, brass pins with brass medallion. Forged 80CrV2 blade with leaf lanyard hole on base.
Evening gents, Tonight I bring you another wharncliffe in W2. Differentially hardened with APG-36 and Parks 50, you can sorta make out the hamon in the first picture. Black G10 and cocobolo where each layer is the same thickness for a more dynamic reveal. Copper pins... I should have done copper liners too...right? Lemme know what you think
Made from a lawnmower blade a friend gave me, this knife is just at the uppermost limit of size and weight that I can effectively wield one-handed. It weighs in at a nearly unheard of weight for a knife, 1 pound, 10.5 ounces! I added my Nordstroms card to give you a sense of scale. ~Total Knife Length: 1 ft. 1 in. Blade Length: 8 ½ inches. ~Blade Width: 2 ½ in. ~Handle width: 2 ¼ in., tapering to 1 ¼ in. ~Handle Length: 4 ¼ in. ~The spine of the blade measures ¼ in thick, and then it explodes into a 1 ¾ in wide handle. It’s a Full Tang knife, meaning that the blade extends through the length of the handle and had six pins to keep it secure. I can chop down a tree with this thing and my arms would give out long before the blade would ever even wobble. The handle is made from the slats on an oak bed. I bought epoxy from the Dollar Store and stuck a slab on each side of the blade. I sanded it down to a rough shape with a file from the Dollar Store, then sandpaper…from the Dollar Store. The six pins were cut from plain, brown hangers. The kind I get from the drycleaners. Some have a plastic coating. I avoided those. I drilled holes, and added a drop of superglue from the Dollar Store to the hole before hammering them in. I added a few coats of brown wood stain, letting it dry overnight before each new coat Then I sealed it with two coats of triple-thick Krylon glaze. I wanted a worn, aged look to the handle. It worked!