I Forge Iron

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours!

Ever notice whenever someone post a picture of their new press/hammer/anvil whatever, that your eye is soon drawn to what's in the background? I often find that as interesting as what is supposed to be in the picture. So I went around snapping pictures of "stuff", my scrap pile, my someday projects, my shop with no clean-up. Post "impromptu" pictures around your place, let's all see what ya got. Great fun.

17987.attach

17988.attach

17989.attach

17990.attach

17991.attach

Edited by nakedanvil

what a cool setup and buch of tools nakedanvil. not bad for a Swede:o

just got the bodgie back yard setup pics, when i get to the shed ill grab some pics if the grommet hasnt flogged the batteries again.

1 first setting up at new house
2 from top right hand side of yard looking back at tool shed and forge area
3 left hand cnr of scrap pile, you csn just see the workshop opening on left.
4 car port fabrication area.
5 up to forge area, tool shed(1 container shelved and caged, tool storage), and workshop area(2 containers sided and the divisions cut out).
....and grommet does this "patent pending" thing in most of the pics i take...lol

17995.attach

18009.attach

18011.attach

18019.attach

18020.attach

18021.attach

Edited by double_edge2

Well DE2, "Flower Press"? @#$%&*@! Wadaya mean "flower press"? that be a 1200 lb hammer actually. I've had a couple smaller ones like that too. They have a "dead" blow because they have no real anvil weight under them. Great for straightening and flattening and stuff. I used to bend up large-ish "S" hooks and pear links and such. They always come out a little "whopper-jawed". One blow in this would make 'em nice and flat and hardly leave a mark.

Swede? SWEDE? Us Norskies don't take too kindly to that.

Funny, it was Dale moving in his fly press that made me think of this thread.

Reminds me of a joke: A man walks into a bar and starts a fight with the first guy he sees. He shouts, "I hate all Svedes!" and punches the other guy in the face. He then yells, "There's nutting vorse dan schtinkin' Svedes!"; hauls the poor victim to the door and forcibly throws him outside. A passer-by helps the unfortunate man to his feet, who by this time is laughing hysterically in spite of the blood streaming down his face. The good Samaritan asks what was so funny, to which the other replied, "Dat guy punched me in da mouth cause he don't like da Svedes too much but he don't know dat I yam really a Norvegian!"

PS - My wife is Swedish so I got this from her side of the family...;-)

Well DE2, "Flower Press"? @#$%&*@! Wadaya mean "flower press"? that be a 1200 lb hammer actually. I've had a couple smaller ones like that too. They have a "dead" blow because they have no real anvil weight under them. Great for straightening and flattening and stuff. I used to bend up large-ish "S" hooks and pear links and such. They always come out a little "whopper-jawed". One blow in this would make 'em nice and flat and hardly leave a mark.

ratfl........
no i love it, i instanly thought of hand woven steel celtic meshes and grills and the flatting of:)

....Bill to Dale, and send it to me:D Edited by double_edge2

Phil , will only be that clean for about 2 days ,, had to move / rearrange shop to get flypress in , so as i was putting stuff back i cleaned up

Mike , in youse dreams bloke , ifin i's payin' for it in comes inta " my " shop ( where it'd go is another matter , think i need a BIGGER shop .. :) )

Dale Russell

Phil , will only be that clean for about 2 days ,, had to move / rearrange shop to get flypress in , so as i was putting stuff back i cleaned up

Mike , in youse dreams bloke , ifin i's payin' for it in comes inta " my " shop ( where it'd go is another matter , think i need a BIGGER shop .. :) )

Dale Russell

not if you remove some of the junk.....the green thing with motor......the fly press? man they got sprays now...that can go..

wrap it....sent it to me ...bill to grant..:o

Here's my humble setup, it's in our garage so it has to be stored away to one side when not in use. The anvils are only small, but until I get a permanent setup I dont want to be lugging a 150 pounder around.

Dale, nice looking fly press

Cheers Ian Ross

18051.attach

18052.attach

18053.attach

18054.attach

18055.attach

18056.attach

18057.attach

18058.attach

Thanks Ian! I haven't turned on that tv in a long time! when i am out there, i am all about forging. Two things i really need is a good post vise, and a belt grinder. i think i am gonna get an attachment for my bench grinder, and i think a buddy of mine has a post vise to sell me.
Your set up look great too, i like that forge, looks cool with the eyes drawn in!