I Forge Iron

anvil id

i'm sure this has been asked before, but didn't see it as I looked.
It's funny all these neww anvils have appered. I got one today. Not sure what brand it is. It looks like it has a LMF on it. My bathroom scale says it weighs 175 lbs. Can anyone tell me what kind it is or how much it's worth. I guy gave me the anvil (by the way it looks almost new) and 4 pairs of tongs with germany stamped on them. He also gave me a pole vise and a big hammer. He is checking on a forge with blower and all. God is good.

thanks for your help

If you'll post a picture it'll really help us ID it.

Try rubbing some chalk or lumber crayon in the stampings to make them stand out, then position the light at an oblique angle rather than straight at it when you take the pics. This'll help make the letters, numbers, trademarks, etc. stand out better. Sometimes they're much easier to see in a pic than by eyeball.

Sounds like you have a real benefactor. I hope you're going to make him something really nice.

Frosty

Click on "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the text window. Scroll down the screen till you see "Manage Attachments" and click on it. Click on a "Browse" button and select a picture from your computer. When you have all the pictures selected click "Upload" and they'll be attached to your post.

There is I believe a size limit though and pics around 50-100k are about perfect.

Hope that helps.

Frosty