I Forge Iron

looking for whittaker book

A revision and expansion sequel to The Blacksmith Cook Book by George Dixon might be an acceptable substitute unless you insist on obtaining a copy of the real McCoy.

Blacksmith Craft
The Legacy of Francis Whitaker, A - Vol. 1
Author: Dixon
8 X 10 Hard Cover
800 photos and drawings
157 Pages
$US52.00

A BRAND NEW Book--It is a revision and expansion sequel to "The Blacksmith Cook Book" by Francis Whitaker. Francis realized he had not addressed the beginning smith in his first book and that their was sooo many more things he wished he had put in the first book. He starts with discussion on lighting a coal fire and expands from there and contains a helpful index, as well. The Blacksmith Craft is a "must have" for blacksmiths of all levels of expertise! A large percentage of the proceeds of this book go to the Francis Whitaker Foundation: helping blacksmiths all over the country.

In 1987 Francis Whitaker wrote his first book,

I know for a fact that SWABA has 2 copies, one is signed by Mr. Whitaker, the other is in their library for checking out. I have VOL.I of George Dixon's 'The Blacksmith Craft, A Legacy of Francis Whitaker' and I have read 'The Cookbook'. The newer book has some good pictures/drawings and IMO as good as 'The Cookbook'. I priced "The Cookbook" on amazon 2-3yrs ago and they were running around $250-275, but unavailable! VOL.II is due out but I haven't been able to find it yet...still looking tho! Good luck with your search!