I Forge Iron

Welcome aboard Jack.

Yes, there are a number of people making quality anvils in the USA. There are a number of new anvil imports as well. I don't have a list or I'd post it, someone will presently though.

If you'll click on "User CP" and edit your profile to show your location you'll discover there's probably someone close by who can lend you a hand directly.

Frosty

Welcome, Jack!

Don't forget that your anvil doesn't have to look like something Wile E. Coyote would suspend above a pile of roadrunner bait... there are plenty of ways of finding or making a serviceable anvil. Try looking through this forum and the gallery and 'lessons in blacksmithing' on this website to get you some ideas.

I suggest going to:
[ABANA] The Suppliers Search
Type the word Anvil in the search box and be prepared for a sizable list of anvil suppliers.

If you go to enough blacksmith guild meetings and yearly conferences, anvils tend to show up for sale at these events also.

Or find a relative that is into blacksmithing. I gave one of my nephews a beginners kit a few years ago that included, a 100lb anvil with a hardie, two pairs of tongs, the book "Edge of the Anvil", a sizable notebook full of information including how to build forges, and a one year membership in his local guild.

No, I will not adopt any of you guys.

Edited by UnicornForge