I Forge Iron

#200 Bradley Helve Hammer

$100 would probably be the best price. For an informed opinion though, more information is needed.

What model is it (upright, helve (guided or ?)).

Where is it?

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Also, consider that buying it is only the first financial impact. Transporting, making the base (and moving onto it) and proper electricity hookup are additional significant costs.

As noted above, bigger hammers cost bigger money to get set up and running. They also have the potential to give bigger returns faster, if handled and worked properly.[ that is a big ''if'' ]
Moving and setting up a heavy hammer calls for good planning , large capacity moving, lifting, and rigging equipment and extra labor all of which cost money. It can be a dangerous operation, both for the machine and the people involved .
The last hammer I installed, a 200 # Beaudry two piece hammer cost $5,000 in Mass. By the time I got it shipped to the West coast ,got it set up on a proper foundation, new motor, switch and power circuit, jackshaft , dies , rollers, belt and guard, I had almost another $6,000 into it as well as a couple hundred hours of ''free time''. And this machine was in basically ''great shape'' even though it was over 90 years old.
It was worth it , though, and has paid for itself several times over in the first year.

All the parts are included. The original working motor, dies, rollers, belts and guard. It was shipped to Texas from an auction in Ohio recently. From here it's about 300 miles away. The seller will bring it to me for a very reasonable price. I need to know what kind of foundation is neccessary. I've used other big (pneumatic) hammers and have a 50# Little Giant... I'd just like to know a little more about this Bradley before buying. Also, wanting to convert it from 3 phase to single phase...any thoughts?

Trying to fugure out how to upload some images off my hard drive?

Edited by Falconer
Additional info

BRADLEYS ARE GREAT HAMMERS. If it is a cushioned helve it will weigh10,200 lbs and will need 10 horsepower 900 rmp motor pretty big for three phase. If it is a upright helve (guided ram) it weighs 7,800 lbs 7.5 horsepowr at 900 rmp The upright strap weight is 6,800 lbs 7.5 hp. I have three bradleys 2 40# cushioned helve and 1 125# uprigt helve. great control, and other than lube little no maint. They do take up alot of floor space 106 in. x 54 in. for the 200 cushioned helve & 42x 78 for 200# uprights. I have other specs. & foundation plans on most bradleys. I'll be glad to share,

• 3 weeks later...

Pad is a little of an understatement for what you need under your hammer. I have a 300# like Patrick does. He is the man, btw.

Foundation depth, direct from the foundation plans in the manual. Yes, I too have copies of an owners manual for all the Bradley Hammers. At least parts , all for some , most for others. It's a bunch of paper, Patrick may have it electronically.

Any way, from the book-

Length at top 7'7"
Width at top 3'7"
length at bottom 8'7"
width at bottom 4'7"
depth minimum 5', yep five feet

Foundation sizes are dependent upon hammer size, and are supposed to be for virgin soil. You might be able to get away with less, but do so at your own risk. These machines are heavy and they pack a punch that will totaly f$%cking destroy something like a standard garage floor.