I Forge Iron

looking for a poem name

Hey, this might sound like a weird question, but I'm looking for a poem to use as a class project, and I'm trying to find the poem talking about all of the craftsmen at King Arthur's court sitting in the order of who had made the most items for the castle; the blacksmith was last in line because he had only made the door handles for the castle, but then it was revealed that the blacksmith made all of the tools for the other craftsmen so he was moved to the head of the table. I read it once and thought it would be perfect for this project, but I can't find the name or the poem anywhere. I was wondering if you could direct me to the name or the poem itself. Thanks!

It's not a peom, but I found this on on Anvilfire  

Anvilfire owners had requested that live links to their site not be included on IFI... A search on their site for The King of the Craftsmen will bring it up in the Story Page button.

Edited by Mod30
Remove live link per TOS

There may be a poem, the story on anvilfire may have been a re-write for the article. Lots of folk do better with a story than a poetry, less to think about and interpret.

Frosty The Lucky.

The line "by hammer and hand all arts do stand" which is used in some versions of the story and that I often use as a tag line is part of the chorus of the song of the Worshipful Company of Blacksmiths of London, UK.  IIRC it dates to the 1820s.

GNM

• 2 weeks later...