I Forge Iron

Jayco's New Shop

jayco

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a post set and the post vise mounted yesterday.I even made a little tool tray to mount on the post.....a place to put tongs,hammers, small tools,etc.

I even got my old bench grinder with the heavy frame carted from the old shop to the new. All the major tools are now in the shop.

Oh, there is still much to do.......battening, adding lights where I need them,shelving and hangers for tools.........but as of now, I have a working shop!

Due to my being really cheap and having a deep resource pile, ( I've been saving up stuff for many years), the total costs have been minimal.
$209 for the metal roofing and screws to install it . Everything else, I had on hand.

About the metal roofing,.......if you're not picky about colors, you can get a considerable discount on price.....so what if half the roof is beige and half is light green!

The new shop, the new layout, and the new forge are a pleasure to use and much better than what I had before.

A big THANK YOU to all the members of IFI for helping with this project. I used ideas I got from folks in the chat room,ideas that came from threads in the forums, searched in the archives, and studied pictures in the gallery to formulate the design of the new shop.

In short, Iforgeiron.........WORKS!

You study some pictures, read some threads, ask a few questions.....(that's what I did)
and you go to the shop knowing more than you did before.
How cool is that!?

Again, thank you........

James Flannery