I Forge Iron

Magnum Opus

Scott NC

Better rent a boat and ditch them over a marine trench to forestall any temptation to pick one up EVER again!

It just occurred to me if you do a Magnesium Opus you can stack your never to be used tools on it and light it on fire. 

Hmmmm?

Cool as ever Scott.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks!  I once made one so disagreeable I threw it in a ditch on the side of the gravel road.  Then I started worrying and thinking about the farmer coming along mowing.  I'm saving the magnesium (thermite) to send Frankenbucket off in style (video next Halloween).   Now I won't be heard from again.  

Now you have me wanting to see if I can make a more disagreeable sculpture, I'll have to think about it some but a scrap fortune teller sculpture with a solar powered player that says "NO!" anytime someone gets close.

Frosty The Lucky.

Reminds me of a Marty Feldman. 

I think he could use some Body. If you can, a springy neck and body. 

Magnum Opus Feldman also needs a cowboy hat and a 6shooter. 

Yeah, Marty Feldman in a western.

Don't throw away your tools, just set them some place you know they will be and turn around to do something else. Then go back to them and they will be gone long enough that you will beg them back. 

Works for me. 

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

make a more disagreeable sculpture

Good luck, lol.... I have faith in you though! 

Maybe a creepy version of those fortune telling machines that you stick a nikle in, ignoring the "No" command, and it lies to you.....  And then shocks you when you try pushing the money return button.  :o

9 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Reminds me of a Marty Feldman. 

I think he could use some Body. If you can, a springy neck and body. 

Hahaha, I didn't see Marty Feldman until you mentioned it....:)  and I like the spring idea too, maybe some sprangs on the wrists so when holding six shooters they waver around, never knowing which way, or who they are going to shoot.  Marshall Marty Magnum.

Good advise, Das.  I was being a bit melodramatic yesterday.  My tools will go to my Grandkids, eventually.  I may burry one and draw a treasure map so they have to work for it though.

Hmmm, pistols waving around would be pretty disagreeable but wouldn't that make it a Baldwin? . . . Hmmmm, come to think about a disagreeable Baldwin is a pretty good match. 

Oh I can see the sign now, "Come, have your fortune told by the disagreeably, smart Alec Baldwin doomsayer booth." More shocking than the finger ZAP it charges $0.25 to get your nickel back.

I LIKE it Rojo, "mushroom induced" is a phrase that has so many possibilities it'll never get old! "Mushroom induced refrigerator buddy," brings a character from, "The HItchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy," to mind. "S/he/it" would be the perfect one to keep your mushroom beer at the perfect temperature for you and staying close, ready to pour and hand you a stein when ever it senses you need one. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Ahh.  Mushrooms.  I know of someone that ingested mushrooms that disagreed with him.  In a wild fit he tried drinking hot bacon grease out of the pan.  He wound up in the hospital. 

We used to hunt them every year but you have to know what you are doing.  

Baldwin is a locomotive, no?

I guess the mushrooms weren't THAT magic eh? The uncertainty factor of magic mushrooms meant I was never tempted. The closest that grow naturally here as far as I know are Amanita Muscaria and they have a mixed reputation. I don't think I know anyone who's eaten B A D mushrooms. We supposedly have Fly Agaric and . . . Uh . . . can't think of the name, Death Angel is the common name. They're pretty scarce but grow here.

If Mr. Baldwin is a locomotive what kind is he?  2-2-2? :huh:

Frosty The Lucky.

Sometimes a different page is the only reasonable place to be. 

A 4-8-8-4 is an awful lot of pull for an actor isn't it? OH, you must be channeling his dreams. I like him in some of his movies but rate his opinions in the 2-0-0-nada class but that's just my opinion I could be wrong. 

I probably shouldn't make fun of actors or other public figures. But I keep seeing them opining like anybody should give weight to the opinions to anybody who's profession is pretending to be something they aren't.

I REALLY need to get in touch with the season instead of the current BS.  Maybe watch some Road runner cartoons or something,

Frosty The Lucky.

I was referring to a locomotive not a shabby actor.....  Notice the word "it".  Happily, I don't rely on hallucinogenics or other things for my art.  That would be a shame.  I'm sure there are those who do. But, heres one we could call "Mr. Magic Mushroom Man"....  Notice only one pupil seems dialated. I wonder what we can infer from that?  c1_20230820_18325150.thumb.jpeg.f49c3a8bece47d100df714087ef10653.jpeg

I know a few Looney Tunes episodes that you may enjoy but may send them to you privately. 

I missed that one, a complete air shot! Now you mention it I recall the Baldwin locomotive by name if no details. <sigh>

I'm thinking the Magic Mushroom Man would make a perfect PSA for NOT taking hallucinogenics! 

I've never seen much in drug inspired "art" but distortions of reality and most not very interesting. Sometimes a person can learn to express themself but it's in spite of the drugs.

Frosty The Lucky.

That's just a piece of costume jewelry that came in a box at an auction.  It could be made of copper easy enough.   I like to try different combinations of things once in a while.  I saw a sculpture once that had a set of false teeth.  It was kind of comical looking, I'd like to try that sometime.