I Forge Iron

I couldnt find in archives

I have kastolite im putting over my forge wool andthick on the floor. Its kastolite 30. I also have some 1" and full size 3000 degree firebricks. The forge picture shows a firebrick on the floor or forge. Shouldd i kast and metra and use it as a floor, finish the bottom like above and add a 3000 brick, or shhould i completely do under the brick and then metrakote the little brick too. Many thanks to all.

Its a smaller forge. Is there a minimum distance fire needs to be from metal?

Tx

I did find over 200 kastolite postings in .5 seconds.

I found some postings on internet sites that seemed to recommend doing whole forge in castolite 3 and metrokote. Ok. Kastolite arrives tomorrow. I will also set my 1" 3000 degree brick in the middle for a flame face(?). Should i metrakote top bottom and sideds of brick.this seems like it will make the most study floor. Anybody know how to cut firebrick in half width wise.

Or i could castolite brick down to basement, though that seems less protective of a floor.

If youre out there and can help, Thanks

Ok. I finally found it. Your are supposed to metrakote the flat sides of brick. ITC the vertical sides for expansion and then kastolite over and under the brick. This wet kastolite will grab the brick and hold it. I keep saying brick but the 3000 degree brick will wear. Away quickly. You want a brown REFRACTORY BRICK, and then metrakote the top and bottom. It said no reason not to rely on the first firing to dry the metrakote. But youll have to cook about 30 min on high. Make sure you have a holle in bottom for steam to escape. 

You're still mixing to sour cream consistency 

Tx much

I know its there, just no clue where. I knew they talked about metrakote a lot here so i went direct and searched metrakote and firebrick. And they have algorithms too. What did you search for? Hes a pretty high up guy who said use google. They check this site in that quick search. Its on just about every question i ask

Plus im just asking people who know whove got a second. People whove built a forge for starters

Nobody has used the the term coating in any of my questions and which one of those posts deals with metrakote on a hard refractory. That means you didnt read them either.

I should have said refractory brick above.

I looked at your search. None of those results deal w refractory brick and metrakote. That was my specific question

Tx

I saidh hoghly suggested. Butbefore you post it says to use google for searches but some havent read that part of own presentation. Its actually written over 6 times on searchable info to look on google. I try to not be "different" and follow ifi rules to make it easier on people. I think important guy was a forge and burner maket. Maybe i was calling me important.

Thanks

Why in 15 posts on MY questions have you never offered any help at all. Academic? You just say how uou do it but im not swayed. When we communicate we make others aware of our own context and ive got enough nonhelp erase this if steve can only dish it out. Highly suspected.

Has no one ever told you that the way you talk to people drives off people who LIKE helping folks? You won't or can't follow advice, read the stickies, nothing but ask the same question over and over while whining about nobody spoon feeding you information you've been given repeatedly. Then of course you become the nasty spoiled brat insulting people who can ban you permanently. It's become apparent you aren't interested in answers all you want is attention. This forum is not about YOU.

ONE MORE TIME. The forum search engine is pretty useless. Use google or your favorite search engine instead and put Iforgeiron at the end of your search terms. For example, "Kiln washes on fire brick. Iforgeiron.com" When Google or the search engine you use, searches the internet the information on Iforge will be at the top of the hit list.

Steve and I have talked about your behavior and I convinced him to give you another chance, maybe you'd grow up if you were moderated. Unfortunately you just want people to notice you. We notice mosquitos too just before we swat them.