I Forge Iron

Fabrication help

Hello,

I am looking for a fabricator.  I am in Yonkers, NY, just north of NY City.  Someone in a nearby area where I can go on-site might be a slight preference.

I have CAD drawings of the item I need fabricated.    I need to bend a 1/8" X 3/4" flat bar into a spiral, then attach to angle irons with bolts.  Some welding required.  

Used to be that one could find just about every fabricator in the Yellow Pages.  Today, there are probably many more hobbyists in addition to the small fabricators but finding them has been a challenge.  There are a rapid prototyping places that I found but the minimum charges and project management costs and are mind boggling.

Is there a better way?

Welcome aboard Helix. This is a world wide blacksmith's forum with more than 50,000 members in about 150 countries across the globe. What you're asking seems to be something very basic you should check with local welding shops. Use the telephone and talk to a human.. Contacting shops through the website "contact" button will only get you put on a far back burner, typically they only respond to large jobs. If your local high school has a metal shop class you  might want to contact them. Your project sounds like a good metal shop 1 project.

Frosty The Lucky.

TheoRickNazz is a member on this site from NYC. If I understand correctly, he works in a shared shop space in the city with other makers. If you can track him down (he hasn’t been on since 2020, but a PM might reach him), he may be able to hook you up with someone there.

Keep it fun,

David