I Forge Iron

Greetings from Colombia

mulus1466

Hello everyone!

I'm a new-ish blacksmith from Colombia, who's been a lurker here for some time. I wanted to introduce myself as I'd like to start being a part of your community, which has helped me a lot in my self taught path.

I started blacksmithing during the pandemic, as I was finishing my philosophy undergrad degree, because I decided that I didn't want to work in academia but rather learn and cultivate a traditional craft and do some writing on the side. It has been a bit wonky, but I've been able to learn a lot thanks to books, Youtube and sites like these, and I now have a little shop to work on :D

My main interests are historical forging/reconstruction, design, and decorative ironwork. I'm exited to learn more about the material in general, as it's really exiting to see all the things you can make with iron.

See you around!

-M

Welcome aboard from 7500' (2286 maters) in SE Wyoming.  Glad to have you.

I hope that you find the craft to be as rewarding as I have since 1978.  It has helped me through hard times and has made the good times better.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Welcome aboard Mulus, glad to have you. TBI survivors are pretty common around here, I highly recommend you avoid joining our club. 

Working hot steel at the anvil is very meditative once you become proficient it's easy to get lost in the work. I often find myself in an altered state of consciousness sometimes "being" the steel as it moves under the hammer. 

What better time to ponder the  idiosyncrasies of the universe and philosophize about them? 

Write and share with us, please. And pictures, we LOVE pictures, your work, shop, tools and equipment, most anything you'd show young children.

Frosty The Lucky.