I Forge Iron

I think the ones at Redstone and Cokedale both were active well into and a little beyond the mid 20th century. Basically they were for the steel industry centered around Pueblo, Co, and it was far more efficient to ship coke by rail than coal. 

Hey, at least I was pretty close on the Cokedale ones. ;) When I started smithing, Colter CarriageWorks was there(Cokedale). He had bought the whole town. Turley told me about him and I drove down to see him. I did some of my first work for him. He's the one who told me when they closed, but he very well could have confirmed your dates. That was a while back in time. 

I believe there were some coking ovens in the Colorado Springs area as well. Thinking the old Pikeview mine. 

One of my fav Gorden Lightfoot songs.  

I think most of the coking ovens in Colorado and around Raton were owned by CF&I steel mill in Pueblo Colorado. If not owned outright by them, then they were the primary end user of the coke.