I Forge Iron

Memorial Day 2022

Dear All,

It is time for my annual Memorial Day posting to remind everyone that here in the USA this isn't just the first weekend of summer but a time to remember the men and women who were not as fortunate as I and the other veterans who made it home and grew old.  I think most of the folk here, particularly the vets, are aware of this but I feel a duty and responsibility to those who didn't come home to make this reminder.

"They will not grow old, as we who are left grow old.

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in  the morning,

We will rmember them."

-Laurence Binyon-

George

LTC, US Army (ret)

late of 1/C/1/12 Cav/!st Cav Div (Airmobile), Republic of Vietnam 1970-71

Thank you George, every Memorial day and through out the rest of the year, I remember my Childhood best friend Tommy Carter. We both joined the service around the same time. Me in the USCG and him the USMC. He was KIA 11/14/67 in Vietnam, while I never went in country and came home when my tour was over, after all these years I still miss him.

https://www.honorstates.org/index.php?id=265840

Randy

Iron Dragon, 

SMALL World... That link you posted for Tommy Carter shows Broward County, Fort Lauderdale FL. 

Were you the same?

I spent my later Child hood years (11-18) there, and it is where my Home of Record Was.

They are Gone but not forgotten. 

Cheers  

ARMY

SE Oregon.