I Forge Iron

Where's my Katy, TX people at!?

Looking for any smiths in the Katy Texas area that would like to hammer some things. I'm very new to smithing and really hope to find someone to show me the ropes. Up until now I'm self\YouTube taught and I feel like I'm kinda stuck in my progression. I'm not afraid to work. I don't mind putting in my 'dues' ie sweeping, fetching coffee, green horn work. I just want to learn from someone with experience. Thanks y'all for your time. 

Try the Houston Area Blacksmith Association, even closer to you!  Pretty sizable organization.

https://www.habairon.club/

They are having a forging meeting today in Magnolia...close by!, but unfortunately it's probably too late for you, what with registration etc.  On their website, look on the right banner for "Events".  They have this meeting last Saturday of each month.

28 minutes ago, Irondragon ForgeClay Works said:

Might check out Balcones Forge, central TX.

Ok awesome. I'll check them out. I appreciate the feedback!

18 minutes ago, arkie said:

Try the Houston Area Blacksmith Association,

They are having a forging meeting today in Magnolia...

Shoot that's ok. Wouldn't be able to make it due to working a horse show in Tyler Texas. I'll definitely look them up. I do a lot of hunting in the magnolia area. Thank you very much

Edited by Mod30
Trim quote.

I completely forgot about the Houston area blacksmiths, my bad, maybe Glenn could add them to the listing at the end of the forum. Also might check out the quote feature about using it, helps to keep the posts a little cleaner for members who have to pay for data.  The quote feature

Yep trimmed good, however there is no use in quoting the post just prior to your reply. Everyone has just read it and it still uses data. You would be surprised how many members worldwide still have to use dial up internet and or pay extra for data. That is why the Admin wants to try & keep bandwidth clean.

Frosty, you won’t regret the trip, he’s a very respectful and talented young man. Get the RV running on coal this week and you should be able to make the conference in Denton 

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Mark is on my "meet someday

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

He used to be a regular 

Yes, I talked to him about that in March 2021 when he came to our LAMA conference, he did say he was pretty busy and hadn’t been on IFI much. He was very surprised when I showed him the post he started and how much activity is on it. I heard He was getting set up to start going to other countries with Brian Brazeal, with his blacksmith training program before the pandemic, but the pandemic shut everything down. I’ll try to get pictures at the conference to post here, especially of his travel anvil, that will show new people the quality of work you can do with very basic inexpensive equipment