I Forge Iron

Anvil identification

Welcome aboard Colorado, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you'll have a better chance of meeting up with members living within visiting distance and a lot of information is location specific.

I don't recall Trenton dating their anvils so about the only time frame you could maybe put it in is the two pritchel hole build. IIRC it was a special feature that was limited to a few retail outlets.

Frosty The Lucky.

Trenton Serial numbers are dated in "Anvils in America"  6 digits starting with 170001 are 1919-1922.  If you can clean up up the following digits we can be more precise:

170001-176000  1919

176001-178436  1920

178437-179712  1921

179713-183238  1922

So about 100 years old; which is just getting started good for an anvil, (takes 200 years to be considered an "antique anvil").  Made in Columbus Ohio, USA, weight stamping is in pounds and is on the other side from the serial number on the front foot.

2 hours ago, Daswulf said:

All I can tell you is it is a Trenton. It has the look and I see the logo diamond in one of the pictures with the ruler going down the side. 

Can't help with date.

Great score!

Thanks for the information 

Colorado, welcome aboard from 7500' in SE Wyoming.  I strongly suggest you look up Rocky Mountain Smiths who are active in your area.  They are a good group and are having a get together in Greeley in early August. (I hope to go but it will depend on weather, covid, and my very covid cautious wife).

Nice anvil.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."