I Forge Iron

Sailors/Fencers?

FieryFurnace

I was currious if anyone on the forum owns sailboats! I have a green v-bottom boat that I am converting to sail. My goal is to build my own wooden boat!
I was also wondering if anyone has done or is doing fencing! I have always liked swords/swordplay. I currently have one fencin foil and I am ordering two eppees. I use leather or thick protective vests and paintball gunner's mask when fighting.
Thoughts?

buy a 3 weapons mask from tripplett arms it will save an eye if you are going to be playing with eppees. if you want to learn how to fight with a rapier then I would sugest hooking up with your local SCA group for training and some fun. I have been fencing in the SCA for about 7 years and like that stile alot better than the coligate/ olimpic stile. you can pm me if you would like pointers :)

I'm working on my third small boat. I've built a 10' peapod dinghy , a lapstrake 14' rowboat and now am building a 15' stitch and glue lug rigged cat boat. I get all my plans fron Duckworks. I also bought a set of plans from Jay Binford about 4 years ago for his 34' "Badger dory" and will rig her out with two Chinese junk sails when I get to that point. Jay is a great guy to work with. He amended the plans for free to give me standing headroom below deck ( I'm 6'4" and there are few sailboats that I can walk thru without the risk of bustin' my noggin' )Those plans were very pricey but well worth it. At the time I was actually thinking about it as a live-aboard and hoped to take a couple of years to go sailing, but life got in the way, and more than likely the boat won't be complete for several years, but I'm not giving up on the idea. I'll take some pic's and post them.

Edited by hooligan971