I Forge Iron

Ideas for my making something for my aunt.

We are having a surprise birthday for my aunt. She just bought new house to be closer to her daughter, i'd like to make something for her yard. She's into odd things and arts and crafts so, she's going to love anything I make. 

She's excited about her new fire pit and i'd like to make her some tools for it, but i'd like something for her yard, but I don't know what.. It has to be basic because i'm a novice with limited tools..  I have to do it this weekend, the party is in two weeks.

Thanks for any ideas.

She into odd things, arts and crafts REALLY opens the door to ideas! How about a Door minion made from an old propane tank, in uniform, white gloves and a loud speaker. Wired to the doorbell with with a recording that SHOUTS, "SOMEBODY''S AT THE DOOR!" A few seconds later it could say, "LOOKS LIKE A SALESMAN BRING THE SHOTGUN!"

Long handled fire tools for the fire pit are a good idea. A lawn chair side cup holder you stick in the ground and other lawn jewelry goes over well. 

There's always the dinner triangle. It'd be perfect for her love of the odd if she has absolutely no use for one. Hmmm?

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks for all the ideas. I think she'd love the shepherds hook. If I had more time and tools, I could do a trellis. Wouldn't be perfect but it would be a great gift for my aunt.

I also want to make her a nice fire poker.

20 hours ago, JW513 said:

I also want to make her a nice fire poker.

Why would you want to poke a nice fire? Would that have to do with her love of odd things? 

Speaking of odd things make multiples of everything and give her #3.

Frosty The Lucky.