I Forge Iron

My third Homemade DIY anvil - welding a top plate to a mild steel body

I apologize but I had to stop watching high speed video of: drilling and tapping holes and sinking screws. It starts out showing parts for an anvil stand and turns into a table of some kind. 

On the positive side, your lighting and camera angles are good.

I admit accelerating video of mundane tasks to fill video time is a button for me. How many time does anybody need to watch: a hole drilled or piece of stock cut or  screw tightened or . . . any mundane task? 

Frosty The Lucky.

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

I apologize but I had to stop watching high speed video of: drilling and tapping holes and sinking screws. It starts out showing parts for an anvil stand and turns into a table of some kind. 

On the positive side, your lighting and camera angles are good.

I admit accelerating video of mundane tasks to fill video time is a button for me. How many time does anybody need to watch: a hole drilled or piece of stock cut or  screw tightened or . . . any mundane task? 

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, I am lost and confused. Are you sure you are referring to my videos? I do not accelerate videos or show my self cutting drilling or welding stock...

Beside that, my camera is not the best, I do not have a tripod or the best sound...

People

I think I introduced new elements in my videos when I present microscope pictures of hardenable steel interface after being welded with 7018 rods and what happens to this interface after being hardened. I think it is something new I never saw in any other amateur video/ amateur metal hobbyist like I am... 

Oh GREAT, now we're both confused, I clicked the below link and watched maybe 3 minutes of the parts for the stake anvil stand then it turned into maybe 6-7 minutes of accelerated basic tool use.

I may have linked to the Twilight Zone, I don't know. 

Sorry if I was harsh, especially if it was mistaken.

Frosty The Lucky.

11 hours ago, caotropheus said:

18 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Oh GREAT, now we're both confused, I clicked this link and watched maybe 3 minutes of the parts you for the stake anvil stand then maybe 6-7 minutes of accelerated basic tool use to bad music, I just went back to see if there was audio, I turn it off automatically for all videos. Sometimes I'll go back and listen but not usually. 

I may have linked to the Twilight Zone, I don't know. 

Sorry if I was harsh, especially if it was mistaken.

Frosty The Lucky.

Music? Now I am really confused...I never add music to my videos. I am a lousy video maker, I use a lousy camera and I am even lousier video editor...I really do not know what video you were watching. I made a playlist for this project and I think the heat treatment of the anvil (Part 5) and top plate steel selection (Part 2) are the most interesting. Is it possible that an hacker is using my YT username or links?

Frosty the lucky, please,  I am happy you comment my posts. I consider you one of key participants in IFI and your comments are always among the ones I learn the most.

I don't know if the link was hacked, broken, cosmic ray interference when it bounced of a satellite on it's way here or . . . ? 

I'll try one of your other links and see what's up. I don't watch a lot of videos, I like stills better but when something strikes my interest I mute the audio and watch. :)

Okay I just watched #4 on your Youtube channel and it's clean, no weird video nor music. It's very watchable, nice build. :)

Frosty The Lucky.