I Forge Iron

Made a Stand and Table for my Portable Bandsaw

Had a few hours spare yesterday afternoon and decided to make a stand for my Portable Band saw using up some scrap steel I had lying around. Had it all Cut, welded, painted plus 8 beers down the hatch before the wife and kids got home. All in all a good afternoon in the shed.

Used 10mm plate for base, 3mm Galv plate for the table and 50mm Square tubing for the actual Stand. This saw has variable speed and a light so I mounted it like this so they were easily accessible. Secured it with some 10 mm Dynabolts. Tried it out last night and it works great even with longer pieces. I get about 160mm cutting depth with the table a bit longer on the side.

Looking to put a foot switch on it next. Would probably do things a bit differently if I had time on my hands.

IMG_7595.JPG

IMG_7599.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Rojo, it works well, the power and variable speed make cutting, shaping steel  a breeze..

Its really easy to remove the saw, two bolts (on top) and one cable tie. I use it for cutting steel horizontally outside so I needed to be able to take out easily.

If I get time I am going to make a dropsaw stand for it next which will make it more versatile in the Workshop.