I Forge Iron

Weird and wonderful sword mix

JPH

Just finished this while I was waiting for stuff to cool. THis is a cross between a Yataghan and a Said..welded cable with Ni accents, recurved single edge blade with fuller and a "T" back 29" in length. Bronze mounts and Coco-Bolo grip....Overall length is 35".

Thought I would share...

JPH

7704.attach

Steve:

It just turned out that way..I was goofing off trying stuff with my flypress and it just "happened"...That and I was really tired of doing the same thing over and over again..so I got a little crazy.

I mixed a few designs up and this is what came out. I will say the more I play around with Augustus the more I like it...Julius is great but too much power and no "feel" at all while Augustus is all "feel and control"....you can actually feel the steel move under the dies. Easy, quick and man..the results are wonderful...

JPH

Edited by JPH

Hey; you didn't say crusader WRT that sword; but Hollywood and "common knowledge" always has the Mid Easterners using curved blades---exp 13th Warrior

We all fight our fantasys when doing historic pieces; good to let it all out evey now and again!

I really love how *quiet* my flypress is; probably the quietest piece of equipment in my smithy!