I Forge Iron

new forge (but not perfect)

M.J.Lampert

sorry frosty I had to do some work so I wasn't able to finish posting every thing

the forge proper= about 5x7x18" inside with 1" refractory wool and 3 layers of a 5000F rated refractory coating. on the outside is 1/8 sheet steel

will try to post a pic later it dosent want to load right now

heres the pic of it running.

I have no regulator in the line so my flame slowly weakens till I swap to a full bottle again I tried with a regulator but didn't get enough pressure can you give me an idea to fix this im adjusting the t-valve every 5 min it seams to keep the flame the same

GOPR1646.JPG

Regulators are rated for the pressure they will deal with.  If you used a standard gas grill regulator it will only let WAY LESS pressure than you need through.  I suggest a 0-30 psi regulator.  What was the regulator you were using rated for?

(I've seen someone try to use a household gas system that was rated at 1.5" of water column; when what they needed was more like 20 FEET of water column! 14.7 psi being about 32 feet of water column...)