I Forge Iron

Kick Vise Value

Dpgoalie

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

No name or numbers on it? I'm completely out of the bidding but I'd love to have one on my bench even if it turned out not to work well for me. I love a cool device.

Frosty The Lucky.

Its in great shape and very cool. I just don't want to get raked over the coals. :-)

9 hours ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

Welcome aboard... Value will depend a lot on where in the world you are located, hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show it. Have you read the Read This First thread located up in the blue banner. It is full of tips on how to get the best out of the forum.

Just got an offer of $250. I can't seem to find info on the vise anywhere.

You only get kicked for posting commercial web sites. You can mention brand names, model and patent #s, etc. no problem, we can search things out if we're interested. Just so long as you aren't advertising on the site it's all good.

I did some searching last night and didn't see much of anything about kick or foot actuated vises. There are so many different types and names of vises in the world  you probably have to know what it was designed to do. 

Frosty The Lucky.

8 hours ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

With those tall wide jaws set back into the bench, it looks like a wood workers vise to me.

Definitely a woodworkers vice. Probably designed for a workshop that built structures like roof trusses or similar when they did this by hand.

Would suit a carver of larger stuff. 

As for price, I think it will depend on your urgency to sell. Being a unique piece, you could ask for a premium price, if you are patient. $250 does not seem to be not here nor there. 

Ask an antique dealer. we are blacksmith ... :)