I Forge Iron

Little help with a repair

BillyBones

I got this here pocket knife that i love. It is not an expensive knife nor much special but i have carried it for years. Long enough to wear the scales smooth. Anywho, i broke the tip off. I do know how to grind it down so it does not protrude past the handle and such. My question is this is there any special precautions i should take? working with an unknown to me alloy so i do not want to overheat and ruin it. It is made by Kershaw an RJ Martin design, IR edition. I could have the blade replaced but it would not be the same as in the knife just a blade of the same shape. 

8Cr13MoV is the alloy, yes it is Chinese made. Like i say not special except to me. Holds a good edge and is great for what i need a knife for on a daily basis. 

20191229_135633.thumb.jpg.bd8182d4006ebfb5a39ff31286386641.jpg

Forgot to hit that notify button. 

CGL, i used to carry a Case that i loved and was heart broken when i lost it. I actually got this one as a "do until i can get a good knife" And it has become my EDC. 

IDF&C, thanks i was not sure if i could just do the same as i would any other knife. And you said it just like any other one i have had to repair. 

I just gut a deer a few days ago with a Kershaw I've had for 15 years or so. At one point I buried it a little too deep in a tree trunk while throwing knives with friends.. tip snapped off pulling it out. I ended up reshaping it with sand paper on flats, and then matched the edge it had prior to that. No real heat buildup that way, and it didn't take as long as you'd think.