I Forge Iron

Anvil For Welding Teacher

Picked up this today for welding teacher as a thank-you for welding my forge up with me, and teaching me free. He said he wanted like an 80lb anvil, and he's been looking for a while, so I went out and got him this one. I would like to keep this one for demos, its really nice and easy to move around. From what I can tell it's cast steel. Please correct my if I am wrong.

Horn: 10.5 inches
Height:7.5 inches
Face Width: 3.5 inches
Total Length: 22 inches
Base: 7 inches
Hardy: 1 inch
Both Pritchels: 1/2 inch
Weight: 74LB
Paid: $100, about 1.39 a pound i think

Farrier's Anvil, Little Tex AP, One Horn

Leaving in a little bit to go give it to him. :)

7231.attach

7232.attach

7233.attach

7234.attach

Edited by m_brothers

With that narrow waist it's going to be pretty loud but nothing a little chain or a magnet won't fix. Be sure to mention it to your teacher so he can hear your questions in the future.

You're a good guy John. Well done.

Frosty

Thanks, Jerry. I really appreciate it. Civilwarblacksmith, after picking it up, it will be hard to give up, but that's ok. I already had my mind made up before even looking for this one. I mention a magnet to him, cuz he said that once he finds an anvil, he's going to weld a stand together, so I'll make sure to mention the magnet. Jerry, it rings like a bell, and has good rebound.

Has anyone heard of this kind of anvil or see one like it.

Ne how, I just dropped it off by him. He was speechless and is very happy, he didn't think he'd ever found one. So I am glad to of done this. That's all that I have to say about this little chapter. I'll be getting another anvil this weekend. :) From Finnr. It'll be my anvil, so now I am excited about this weekend. Thanks for the encouragement in giving this anvil away.

That was an awsome thing to do, if only more people would still do this type of thing today then people would be more willing to help out, but it seems like more and more it's getting harder to find someone who will help you out just for the sake of helping.

welder19

• 8 months later...