I Forge Iron

Anyone need help?

Dear I Forge Iron Community,

I’m a young smith, with multiple years of experience. And have for the past year and some months have worked in factory fabrication. Mainly C.N.C work with metal and composite materials. Recently I’ve truly decided and felt my creator leading me to pursue the craft full time. That said, this being the business side of blacksmithing, I was wondering if anyone needs/wants a helping hand. I’m located about 30 minutes from downtown Cleveland and am willing to commute up to an hour to do what I love. Hopefully I selected the right category for this proposal, if not I’m sure some one will let me know. This isn’t me promising anything grand, just hoping that this decision to try with all my might to go after that hunger for the craft pays off. Again not looking for much, just enough to get by, but mainly do what I love and help others while doing it. Hope everyone has a good day, cheers all.

-Sam

Welcome to the forum.

You have found IForgeIron where, through the internet, you can help people in over 150 countries of the world with your knowledge, skill, and expertise.  You may want to contact SOFA, a blacksmithing group in Ohio, and offer your knowledge to that group.

Are you a member of the WRABA (Western Reserve Artisan Blacksmith Association) or the NOB (Northwest Ohio Blacksmiths) Both of these groups would be much closer then SOFA for you and may be able to give you some guidance. Maybe get a hold of Cleveland Blacksmithing and see if they could use any more instructors?

I would start by joining the WRABA if you haven't already and go from there.

11 minutes ago, jason0012 said:

In Cleveland look up Rose Metal industries. They are a huge multi generational forging shop that does a lot of modern fabricating

Thanks for this, I had no idea that was even around. Let alone relatively close to me. Cheers!

On 10/17/2019 at 8:02 AM, Fowllife said:

Are you a member of the WRABA (Western Reserve Artisan Blacksmith Association) or the NOB (Northwest Ohio Blacksmiths) Both of these groups would be much closer then SOFA for you and may be able to give you some guidance. Maybe get a hold of Cleveland Blacksmithing and see if they could use any more instructors?

I would start by joining the WRABA if you haven't already and go from there.

No I’m not. I’ll definitely be looking into it though.