I Forge Iron

Iron tree

This will be a cloth rack far from being finished so consider it a work in progress and i'll keep following new pictures while it's getting done ...any way here it is as it is now feel free to judge me.The last picture is the handle of a fire poker that i just finished ... i like it a lot.

7178.attach

7179.attach

7180.attach

I like the tree so far, especially the "stump" where I assume you'll be putting another branch. I'd be very tempted to leave a stump like a trimmed branch.

Nice poker handle too.

I'm with Dodge, I'll only judge your work if necessary.

Frosty

The tree looks great.

We had a group at our hammer in 3 yrs ago called the Ironmasters.
They were out out Rockville, MD. at the time. 7 or 8 guys from the former Russian states that seemed to be really coriographed(?) when they worked together. They forged a tree about 7ft tall and you couldn't tell it was put together. I'll see if I can get a picture.

Great Job.

I like the tree so far, especially the "stump" where I assume you'll be putting another branch. I'd be very tempted to leave a stump like a trimmed branch.

Nice poker handle too.

I'm with Dodge, I'll only judge your work if necessary.

Frosty

I think to that i'll be leaving the stump as it trimmed branch. (That's exactly how i got the big pipe from the junkyard with the ''stump'' on it)

I think to that i'll be leaving the stump as it trimmed branch. (That's exactly how i got the big pipe from the junkyard with the ''stump'' on it)

Cool.

Sometimes the stock helps decide the final form. It can be a good thing, I frequently need all the help I can get.

I look forward to seeing the finished project.

Frosty