I Forge Iron

I have a double action hand pump but it's too much work now that the heat and humidity have spiked, after all the pumping I'm sweating too much so I got a little electric mattress inflater. I've been looking for an actual blower but they seem a bit pricey. I haven't seen one for cheaper than 250 dollars and most are in the 300+. I know it's not a lot of money compared to some parts of the country and I would have bought one by now but my car just recently died so I've been looking for a replacement vehicle. After I get a new used car then who knows. Until then the jumpstarter/ power station will have to do. I did find a NIB tailgator HF Genny online for 75 bucks and it's barely larger than the aforementioned jumpstarter. I might get it.

Pnut

8 hours ago, pnut said:

The way I finally found an affordable blower was to watch the common auction site. I found one with a poorly written title that noone clicked and that wasn't a popular brand / model. I made sure to find one that described the working condition so that the auction site guarantee would cover a non functional or poor condition blower. I got it for less than $100 shipped ($80ish, iirc), but it took more than a month of watching and patience. 

I forgot to add one important thing about building a shelter where I'm at and that is, I can't make it too sturdy because it's not on my property and it needs to be somewhat easy to demo if I move. I don't plan on moving but you never know. I'm wary building on someone else's property even if they say it's okay as they could change their minds at any time.

I have been looking for one of those expandable canopies you see people use for cookouts and such. A used one would be great. All the new ones I've seen are expensive and it's life will be shortened considerably if left erected in the weather, but if I find one at a yard sale or something for cheap I'll get it. If not 4x4's 2x8's and some corrugated metal for a roof it is.

Pnut

I just did an internet search and the prices on pop up canopies has gone down considerably. I might go get one next week. 

Edited by pnut