I Forge Iron

Jeanette Wolfe passes

Glenn

from the Jasper, Alabama Daily Mountain Eagle newspaper

Carolyn Jeanett Wolfe

Carolyn Jeanett Wolfe, age 53, of Cordova, died Saturday, Dec. 10, 2005, at Baptist Medical Center-Montclair in Birmingham. Funeral arrangements will be announced later by Collins Burke Funeral Home in Jasper.

Collins Burke Funeral Home, Jasper; 205-384-5571.

J.Wolfe, I will be thinking about you. I am so glad I had the chance to know Jeanette. People who have never lost thier soul mate have no clue how hard it is. I know it feels like you have been split and gutted. There is not much anyone can do to help. The stronger the love the greater the pain. Don't go all macho and try to hide your grief - at least that was not my method. Tears hold chemicals that soothe the grief a bit, that you cant get anywhere else. I cried like a baby and sometimes still do. The only thought that kept me going, when it seemed I could not possibly draw another breath, was knowing what she would want for me. Jeanette would want the same for you. Have as rich, and happy, and fullfilling life, as you possibly can! She needs to be able to enjoy her reward without worrying that you are moping around in misery. Jeanette put a lot of effort into training you, don't let it go to waste. You are too old to re-train from scratch. Your life; is spart of her legacy. Hang in there my friend, even if by a thread, and it will get better, but you will allways miss her.

Visitation is from 5pm to 7pm Tuesday December 13, 2005
Funeral is 7 pm Tuesday December 13, 2005

Both at North Side Baptist Church
North Side Baptist Church is on Hwy 78 E.
Jasper, Ala.

Burial is 1 pm Wednesday December 14, 2005
Walker Memorial Garden

More details as they become available.

Carolyn Jeanette Wolfe

Mrs. Carolyn Jeanette Wolfe, age 53 of Union Chapel, went home to be with the Lord, Saturday, Dec. 10, 2005, at the Baptist Medical Center-Montclair. Funeral services will be Tuesday, Dec. 13, at 7 p.m. at the Northside Baptist Church. Visitation will be Tuesday at the church from 5 until 7 p.m. A graveside service will be held Wednesday, Dec. 14, at 1 p.m. in the Walker Memory Gardens. The Rev. David Byrd will officiate. Collins-Burke Funeral Home will direct.

Mrs. Wolfe was preceded in death by her father, Gray S. Gravlee; mother, Dewease Black Gravlee; step-mother, Thelma Spears Gravlee; and father-in-law, Franklin J. Wolfe Sr. Jeanette was a graduate of Walker High School and Walker Jr. College. She began playing the piano and organ at the age of 8 at Union Chapel Methodist Church. She began teaching piano lessons at the age of 14 and was currently teaching piano and voice both privately and at Sumiton Christian Academy. Jeanette was active in the choir and Ladies Ensemble at Northside Baptist Church. Her favorite time of the year was Christmas and she participated in and was a soloist in the annual presentation of the "Messiah." She served as interim music director for the Northside Baptist Church and also taught at the Victory Christian Academy. Jeanette was also known for her paintings of local interest. She not only loved the Lord and served Him daily, but prayed that every life she touched would know Him the way she does. Jeanette was greatly loved by all who she came in contact with and will be deeply missed.

She is survived by her husband of 32 years, James Franklin "J.F." Wolfe Jr. of Union Chapel; son, Strother Wolfe of Union Chapel; brothers, Glendon Gravlee and his wife, Debra, of Jasper, Ronnie Gravlee and his wife, Veronica, Danny Spears and his wife, Wanda, of Union Chapel, and Roger Spears and his wife, Trisha, of Union Chapel; sister, Linda Spears Kimbrell and her husband, Joseph, of Curry; mother-in-law, Nellie Wolfe of Union Chapel; sisters-in-law, Ann Cooper, Gale Keys and her husband, Jack, and Faye Houk and her husband, Lowell "Blackie," all of Union Chapel; brother-in-law, David Olin Wolfe and his wife, Joyce, of Parrish; and a host of nieces, nephews and friends.

Pallbearers will be Deacons of Northside Baptist Church. Memorial donations may be made in memory of Mrs. Wolfe to the Northside Baptist Church Music Department or the Sumiton Christian Academy Music Department.