I Forge Iron

This is a world wide forum with members from over 150 countries, If you want to ask that again with real information, starting with what country you're in, then you have a possibility of getting a useful answer.  Just stating a county means nothing by itself

Post your location such as the state.  How far are you willing to travel?  Look for a blacksmithing group or organization near you and attend the meetings. You will learn more in a few hours than you can ever imagine.  You can ask at the meeting about classes or find an open forge and someone will help you get started.  Individual classes or tutoring can be arranged from there.

Welcome aboard Emily, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header we'll be able to be of more help. 

Are you thinking of taking up the craft? I hope so, we need more lady smiths. :) What are you thinking of making? If you're shopping for a husband, boyfriend, son it's good. Blacksmithing is addictive and we like to help.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 5 months later...

I haven't had the chance to take classes (and this is several months later), but there are classes for sure. Stone Fox Forge in Provo does classes suitable for children I believe. I haven't had the chance to take any classes there, but it is on my list to do. In Salt Lake there is also Wasatch Forge that does classes, though I don't know the age groups. Link removed