I Forge Iron

Hello from Mexico

Ironpp

Hi there, my name is Jose, just sayin hi, i want to build my first forge, and start this amazing hobby / way of life.

currently pursuing my engineering degree, work at a galvanizing company (quality supervisor / certified inspector), so i can get a bunch of steel with 
the metal distributors, hope it helps. im not gonna use Galvanized steel dont worry.

been reading lots of info about knife making and forging iron, but i need to start hammering.

cheers

Hola Jose, welcome aboard glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many members live within visiting distance. Also many of your question's answers will be location dependent.  

Dad and I used to go fishing in Ensenada a couple few times a year and occasionally on the gulf side, depended on what was running.  Good times.

Frosty The Lucky.

Ensenada is good for fishing, i still would recomend, bahia de los angeles, for fishing and swiming with whale sharks, lovely town.

thanks for the welcoming, of course sorry for the lame english, not my first language.

Edited by Mod30
excessive quoting

I haven't been to Mexico for almost 50 years but I'll keep Bahia de Los Angeles in mind if we go fishing on the Baja. 

LAME English?! You speak at least two languages and speak English better than some native speakers here. Seriously I can order a beer, scrambled eggs or get in a fight in Spanish and I grew up in a neighborhood that was mostly Spanish speakers.

Don't apologize unless you owe somebody one.  ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

• 6 months later...

Hola Jose, bienvenido al forum. Hablas bien el Ingles. Ojala que podemos ayudarle de alguna manera. Yo vivi en Tijuana por ano y medio, Ensenada por medio ano, el DF por un rato, y Mexicali por medio ano. Que caloron hace ayi. Cual colonia vives? Yo vivi en Colonia Benito Juares.