I Forge Iron

Car heater blower

thematrixiam

20 minutes ago, thematrixiam said:

I get that grumpy people want to have the right to be grumpy. 

Dealing with Grumpy people, curmudgeons, and yes even J-men all boils down to respect. If you give respect, you earn respect.

We offer you the experience, skill, and expertise to fit your questions. When you ask for knowledge and advice in a kind and polite way, you get kind and polite answers.  We want you to succeed.

If you select a portion of text a button will pop up underneith saying "quote selection. It uses up less "computer stuff" lol, and acts the same as regular quoting but can highlight the pertenent material for your response.

Glenn

The thing is, when a "grumpy" person is grumpy. And then a non-grump-meister defends themselves, there tends to be a debate.

Words like "respect" are thrown around. What I tend to perceive is more along the lines of defence and standing up for personal dignity due to the grumpy-person's desire to be honoured no questions asked.

Daswulf

Thanks :P. I believe I have been using that feature. I think the concern was is that I was using that feature to pin point information directly above me. Instead I can manually write it in.

There is no reason to quote or retype what we just read.  To use quotes in an single subject ongoing thread is not needed as we are current with the posts. To refer back and refresh our memory is completely different.

Respect is just that, RESPECT. It is not a term that is thrown around, but an attitude that is both earned and given in return. If someone wants to be grumpy then be respectful and let them. There is no reason for defense and standing up for personal dignity. Show them your respect by leaving the conversation. This works equally well in both directions.  

Most of the folks I know on here use the unread content button and so see all new content and so do not need to be "alerted". Some also chose to drop out of a discussion for various reasons.  Particularly if they feel they are running up against didactic rather than empirical discussions.

didactic:  intended to teach, particularly in having moral instruction as an ulterior motive

empirical: based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic..

" Particularly if they feel they are running up against didactic rather than empirical discussions."

I assume I should take this as a teaching moment (didactic), and thank you for the lessons. The irony of your statement is not lost to me. I feel like we're playing ping pong here. But apparently we can not complain, nor teach about proper morals (didactic) when confronted by grumpy people. Instead we accept the grumpy-ness (
Curmudgeon), and how they wish to tells us how to live (didactic) to respect them for their knowledge. 

meh.
==============================================================================

Curious, does anyone know of the benefit to adding in a battery to go with the charger, to use with my car blower motor? Would it be to allow a greater pull? What sort of battery are we talking about? Do I need to worry about over draw?

Please & thanks you. Sorry for my lack of knowledge. 
*gives beer*