I Forge Iron

Anvil identification

Welcome to IFI! If you haven't yet, please READ THIS FIRST!!!

Anvil identification is a LOT easier if you can give us some photos. The "1.0.24" is the weight using the old hundredweight system: 1 x 112 lbs + 0 x 28 lbs + 24 lbs = 136 lbs. This likely is an indication that it was made in pre-metricization England, as makers elsewhere and afterwards tend to use kilograms and/or pounds. Knowing where you are in the world would help.

Put that in your profile settings, where it will show every time you post. 

We have quite a few members in Ohio (myself included). Whereabouts are you specifically?

As for adding a photo, when you add a comment, there's a little link down below that says "choose files...". Click on that, and you can upload photo files from your computer or smartphone.

37 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I’m located in Ohio 

We won't remember that once leaving this post, hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show location. That way every one of your posts will show it and we won't dunn ya for it.:)

I see JHCC beat me to that. A picture like that of the other side will help too and we love pictures.

Yes, looks like a pre-1830s London-pattern anvil, probably made in or near Sheffield, England by someone who may have trained at Mousehole Forge. Not familiar with that particular stamp, but lots of folks trained at MH or with Peter Wright (the other main Sheffield anvil maker) and then set up on their own. 

Someone with a copy of Anvils in America may have access to more precise info.