I Forge Iron

possible new forge?

jshad

It certainly has potential to be a forge. 

The center pedestal can easily be worked around by just offsetting the bottom tuyere hole.  Could drop a brake rotor in the bottom for a fire pot and notch two opposing sides for a pass through for longer stock, No problem.

Or it could just get a redesign for legs,  and utilize that pipe and make a T pipe out of it. It's all in what you want it to be. 

Im still pretty new to most of this and never considered a side blast. How does that work exactly? Do i just pipe my air into the side and build up my coal on it, or do i need to purchase fire bricks to build up around it? Thanks for the replys. 

You need something to build a fire pot out of. Clay, fire bricks, dirt etc. then the air is fed into it from the side. The pinned/sticky threads at the top of this section will help with understanding how a side blast works. The picture I posted shows one under construction but many have been made without needing a welder. This sticky is a good one about the basics.

https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/52623-anatomy-and-a-brief-history-of-simple-side-blast-forges/