I Forge Iron

More New Stuff

JPH

Hello:  Here are the results of the last few day's out in the studio. All pattern welded using 1095, L-6 and some meteoric iron thrown in for giggles... Bovine ivory or hard wood grips...phosphor bronze fittings...

Hope the photos turn out...Again..not too bad for an old man working in his front yard..

JPH

DSC04966A.jpg

DSC04971A.jpg

DSC04976A.jpg

DSC04977A.jpg

DSC04978A.jpg

DSC04979A.jpg

DSC04991A.jpg

DSC04992A.jpg

DSC04994A.jpg

DSC04995A.jpg

DSC05001A.jpg

Yeah, not bad old man. ;)  I always love your blades I just wish you had a little better set up for photographing them. I can still see the patterns well enough in most of the shots to need to dry my keyboard off. 

What's with the no guards? I get jumpy even handling a knife without something to keep my hand from sliding down the blade. I know there are any number of historic blade types that didn't have guards, say the Seax still. . . Is it current style, marketing, an artistic function, ? 

You could set whatever style you liked with your brand on it so there has to be a reason. I'm not criticizing, I just don't get it. Maybe I should buy a couple blade magazines eh? 

Frosty The Lucky.

Guards..no guards..all personal preference..There are a lot of knives out there with no guards and well..as long as they sell..I will make them and folks LOVE the little double edged bovine ivory gripped knives  but  just about everything I make sells out quick...that's why I try to make as many as I can in a batch so I can have something to put up on my site..

JPH