I Forge Iron

New member Long time lurker

Lawrence Gray

Hello everyone, Im a new member and new to blacksmithing. I have been finding the answers to most of my questions on this site for a wile now through googling and finally decided to become a member. First of all i would like to say thanks to all the members for answering and asking the countless number of questions i and many other beginners have. I built a break drum forge about 2 years ago (currently designing a more suitable forge, will be posting the final plan to be scrutinized before building ) got a few files, some mild scrap and  fork lift tines for anvil from the scrap yard and thats pretty much how it started. After countless "learning experiences" at the forge , youtube videos and reading all the info i could find i started to get the hang of it. Eventual i got a small anvil 42 pound fisher from the same scrap yard, still waiting for a bigger one to find me but its alot better than nothing. Lately i have been forging tools , small decorative items, a few knifes, working on making identical scrolls and all the classic nic nakcs. Once i get my new forge built i plan on undertaking a project way out of my experience range to force me to learn new techniques any good suggestions will be appreciated. I discovered a bunch of wrought iron wagon parts on my property a long time ago and just started forging with it and have a few questions ill be asking in the future {forgot to take pics) so you will be hearing from me soon and hopefully ill have the skills need to be able to answer questions for others aswell.