I Forge Iron

Suggestions of where to post Peter Wright Anvil for sale

Does anyone have a (nice) suggestion of a group in Albuquerque, NM that might have a web page where I could post a Peter Wright 154 lb anvil for sale? Thank you!  If this website has that availability, please let me know.  It looks just like a forum, hence the question. Also, could you tell me where to look to figure out the age, please.  Thank you very much!!!

anvil full.JPG

anvil bright.JPG

Welcome to IFI... I suggest reading this thread to get the best out of the forum.

https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/53873-read-this-first/

If you post a picture of the foot under the horn, there should be a serial number there and a member with a copy of Anvils in America can give an estimate of when it was made.

Check the ABANA website to see if there is an affiliate club near you.

Thomas,  Sorry I did not answer on that last reply. I'm thinking $575.   Thanks :)  I was unable to get a good picture of the foot in the dark in order to get the date.  I will try in the morning.  Thanks again for everyone's suggestions!

Peter Wright’s haven’t got a serial number and so can only be give an approximate age. After 1910 imported products had to have the country of origin on them. Since that one has got the England stamp is 108 years old at the oldest. They didn’t have that stamp before then 1910. Good luck with the sale. 

154 pounds, US$575 so about US$3.75 a pound given a bit of wear taking the weight slightly down.

Within local values; but of course the number  of folks able to fork out that kind of dough is less.

It's a good size for a shop anvil; but a bit heavy for a travel anvil. decent using shape.  I'd spread it around the Albq/Santa Fe smithing community.