I Forge Iron

What is it? What is it worth?

What does the bottom look like?   There are a couple of brands that have the flats on the feet at one time or the other but the bottom's are quite different. As it's stamped in pounds I'm guessing it's a Trenton; a good brand and looks to be in very good condition. The clip protruding from the horn and the double pritchel holes indicate that it was made for shoeing.

As I work in the state of Chihuahua; I can dig up a price in Peso's if that would help.

Sure does look like a Boker, but it should have the Trenton mark right above the "Solid Wrought".  Here's my 179 stamped on my Boker and his 178 looks like different sized and type numbers.  I'm not convinced it's a German Boker but it sure does have some similarities.   

DSCN3866.thumb.JPG.9b3d48a96b0ac0603bfc9b590f3ec26e.JPG

I've never seen a picture of a PW with the pound weight stamped on it.  Maybe it's one of the early Trenton's still using the base with feet that was somehow not marked with the Trenton logo?  Could it be a Buel type and we just can't read the stamp on the side?

1203739833_s-l1600(74).thumb.jpg.f2682fba4060b920aac6c0bd551735f6.jpg

On 7/29/2018 at 5:10 PM, ThomasPowers said:

You ever seen a PW with an pounds weight stamp?  I haven't.  Still waiting on the picture of the bottom!

Of course if you look in Anvils in America you will see Trentons with solid wrought in a circle...as well as in a straight line.

That it brought PW to my mind, I still maintain; except for that weight stamp.... anvils rarely talk.