I Forge Iron

New guy from South Africa

Rayner

Good day all. Just got an anvil for a bargain of R1000.00(south african rand) the other day. And starting out in blacksmithing. Ive lurked around on ifi for a few weeks now and ive made a few small items such as bottle openers and key holders. Just wanted to say thanks for a great forum with all of the wonderfull people and great info all the pros are sharing for newbies like me. 

Regards

Rayner

welcome and it sounds like you got a great deal for those not familiar with the currency its about $70 odd US. BTW.  Rayner most folk on this site have no idea just how big sa is so adding a town to your location helps those that are interested look up where you are!

regards Ian

SA is bigger than any State in the USA except for Alaska; of course we have 50 of them.....

I've worked with a number of colleagues from Europe and they have had trouble grasping how much time it might take to get from place to place as they plan for sightseeing in the USA. (like my two houses are about 321 km apart and the drive is considered not bad for this area...)