I Forge Iron

Changing wheels on a bench grinder

Thanks Bob, I'm getting better at realizing when I'm going down that road and turning to happy thoughts. However if I COULD go back 30 years or so I can think of a couple stocks I might drop a few thou on. B)

4 hours ago, Anachronist58 said:

I've never seen a grinder that had to be started with a pony motor!!!

Neither have I but I'd like to . . . From a distance.

Frosty The Lucky.

On 4/22/2018 at 8:29 PM, Frosty said:

Thanks Bob, I'm getting better at realizing when I'm going down that road and turning to happy thoughts. However if I COULD go back 30 years or so I can think of a couple stocks I might drop a few thou on. B)

Neither have I but I'd like to . . . From a distance.

Frosty The Lucky.

You and me,both frosty, from a distance and possibly with a steel wall with a bullet proof window in between lol

On 4/22/2018 at 3:55 PM, Anachronist58 said:

I've never seen a grinder that had to be started with a pony motor!!!

When I was working in the art restoration studio, I once had to turn a large-diameter mirror frame on a woefully underpowered and undersized lathe. The only way I was able to do it was to jam a lance-like tool (one that I'd made out of a stonecarver's point,  for turning alabaster) into a hole in the faceplate, get the thing spinning with muscle power, turn on the lathe motor, work the frame until the vibration started to get scary, turn off the motor, do some more work on the frame as it coasted down, and repeat. The things we do to put bread on the table.

14 hours ago, JHCC said:

When I was working in the art restoration studio, I once had to turn a large-diameter mirror frame on a woefully underpowered and undersized lathe. The only way I was able to do it was to jam a lance-like tool (one that I'd made out of a stonecarver's point,  for turning alabaster) into a hole in the faceplate, get the thing spinning with muscle power, turn on the lathe motor, work the frame until the vibration started to get scary, turn off the motor, do some more work on the frame as it coasted down, and repeat. The things we do to put bread on the table.

Once again, it is not necessary to to quote an entire post, especially, immediately following said post.

Yup and wow living life on the edge :)

The habit the paychecks had of bouncing occasionally was another. A few months after I left, one of my coworkers had to go to the ER and discovered that the boss hadn't paid the health insurance for six months, so the coverage had lapsed.

50 minutes ago, JHCC said:

The habit the paychecks had of bouncing occasionally was another. A few months after I left, one of my coworkers had to go to the ER and discovered that the boss hadn't paid the health insurance for six months, so the coverage had lapsed.

Dang that sucks big time