I Forge Iron

New mystery anvil

Auction buy 157# stamped,,is close by my cheapo scale. $2.10 per pound. # on front base,,,,A34059. Looks like a 0 and two other unreadable numbers on side of heal,, that is all the markings available,,, any ideas on maker?, Is forged welded at the waist,. Ball bearing dropped at 15" rebounds up to 12-13", thanks up front

2 brands I know of that welded at the waist at some point is hay budden and Trenton. Looks more like a hay budden from the picture you posted in another thread. Any chance you could clean it a little and get pictures of the side with the horn to your right and the front foot with the serial # and one of the base?

Yeahhhh,,as you can see on the waist corners a 120 flapper was used,, there were serious gouges on the outer edges that was extra nasty sharp that needed addressing,,I beat the high spots down then touched the outer edges,,the shiny spots on the numbers is chaulk not grinds,,there is a little imprint above the numbers I chaulked too

IMG_20180303_165617752.jpg

I'm sticking with my Hay Budden assessment. My HB welded at the waist has numbers on the side of the heel as well. Third picture would be the side with the logo. Lighting is bad and it would be centered on the body. 

Name stamp may be faint. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I tend to agree with your assessment, the last HB I just sold with a buffalo blower last fall seemed to had the same type of belly horn shape, if I remember right it had numbers in  the same location,,it too was center welded, that side where your logo is located on this one has been gouged and marked up pretty bad,,,I will check these numbers with HB numbers ,,,thx