I Forge Iron

Blades. " BushRazr" patent pending.

Steve Syncox

The @BushRazr" by "BareFoot Forge. The big one, an industrial 1 1/16,5/16 thick. 

6.5" chef's and a deer Skinner, gifts for my son's inlawz  

the effect on the close up resulted during hardening and I like it  

fryer oil

Old Wrench, tire iron and hay rake tines. 

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

Form follows function , whatever the purpose of these knives is they wont be good at it.

There's a very good reason why no one makes chef knives with such shape and the one in the last pic is completely unpractical.

S. S.,

Style should not shove aside function and usefulness.

The rough texture of your chef's knife has indentations and inclusions that will make cleaning of food particles, and hiding bacteria difficult or perhaps even impossible,

The lockjaw bacterium, (Chlostridium tetani) is notorious for hiding in minute crevices.

Lockjaw (tetanus), is a very serious and sometimes lethal disease.

Other bacteria and, indeed, protozoa, can also hide there too.

I suspect that this may sound a little far fetched but epidemics have been traced to dirty restaurant or institutional kitchens.

A costly situation.

Those establishments face heavy fines for using cracked cups. They are illegal. Never drink beverages from them.

Chef's knife designs have evolved over several thousand years. The knife designs have been empirically improved over that time to solve all manner of problems and improvements.

It will pay to do some research about knife design, and history, and accepted usage and techniques before making stylistic 'improvements'.

Please note that the above is not a personal criticism of you. It is constructive critique of your knives with some suggestions for improvement. And I know that you can make significant forward progress.

Carry on & keep at it.

Regards,

SLAG.

Right then. Xxxx you too xxxxxxxx I didn't ask. 

On 8/10/2017 at 5:49 PM, D.IVO said:

Form follows function , whatever the purpose of these knives is they wont be good at it.

There's a very good reason why no one makes chef knives with such shape and the one in the last pic is completely unpractical.

On 8/10/2017 at 5:49 PM, D.IVO said:

How do you know what the function of the design? 

You guys are brutal. Xxxx you both. Delete my acct. 

Ahhh cause you called them that?  you called one a chef's knife and the other a dear skinner how are we to know that they are NOT what YOU call them?

The last I consider a fantasy piece and as such I think it does well with a sort of post apocalyptic neo barbarian look to it.  I certainly can't come up with another use case for carrying and using it.

Please remember if you post things on a public forum for people to see and comment on---they will!  If you don't want comments keep them private.