Manuel-Pagani

Green woodworking tools

6 posts in this topic

There is my initiation at tool making: some of the tools I've been made and use in my woodwork shop.

dsc_23411.jpg

dsc_2343.jpg

dsc_2363.jpg

dsc_2345.jpg

dsc_2348-edit.jpg

Wow. Looks pretty extensive. Nice work.

I really like that hatchet and the curved draw knife directly above it. Those look especially well made. 

I must ask however... What is the U shaped piece of wood for? To the right of the hatchet. 

Thanks it takes a whole month and lot of work too make all these tools to swit my needs.

The U shaped tool is for  finish hollow surface like bowls, inspired in chair making tool called "scorp"

That's a very nice collection @Manuel-Pagani -- and that's speaking both as a hobby smith and as a former professional woodworker.

2 hours ago, JHCC said:

That's a very nice collection @Manuel-Pagani -- and that's speaking both as a hobby smith and as a former professional woodworker.

Well, these days I can't tell you who I am because I start working with wood in a luthier shop making guitars and other fine wood instruments an here become my tool making passion,over time mi mind changes and I got carried away by my creativity, whatever I'm doing,I'm doing tools all kind, so if I had to tell I'm a tool maker and a full time craftman who pay his bills with wood and steel. This in my life is my "iron age"

That's very cool. I apprenticed for a year and a half in a violin repair shop, but ultimately decided it wasn't for me. Still have the knives, though.