I Forge Iron

Art on Fire 2017

Art on Fire is this Saturday 06/24/17 at the Museum of Alaska Transportation and Industry. right by the Wasilla Airport. The gates open to visitors at 10:00am. Demonstrators are allowed in earlier and we don't pay at the gate. I'll be set up in my usual spot in front of the trains near the building where my extension cord reaches. I'll have a canopy set up and working out of my pickup truck. My usual set up.  I haven't heard if my usual partner can make it.

If any of you guys hasn't spent time at the anvil come on by I'll be more than happy to give you some time at my anvil. 

Be there or be square.

Frosty The Lucky.

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

If any of you guys hasn't spent time at the anvil come on buy I'll be more than happy to give you some time at my anvil. 

Be there or be square.

Frosty The Lucky.

Using Frosty's anvil is a real treat. You probably won't find a much nicer model.  Also they will be pouring Cast Iron!

I don't think I can make it, and I think Sean is out as well. But have fun for us!

I agree, the name of the event always brings odd pictures to mind but my mind seems designed to generate odd pictures. I didn't explain the name for post length sake. The event is about "ANY art form that uses fire," there will be a cupola melter going and when the siren sounds it gets tapped and iron poured. There are tables where folk can make open faced molds. There are glass blowers and lamp workers, Raku pottery getting glazed, people swinging flaming torches to music and who knows what else this year. There's food, music and the museum to check out.

It's a good place to spend a couple hours on a Saturday afternoon. The weather guessers are saying it's looking like decent weather too.

Frosty The Lucky.

It went pretty well Mark. As always there is a LOT going on the last weekend of June so attendance wasn't great but more people stopped and asked questions and I got to talk almost enough. :lol: Weather was very nice, light overcast and temps in the mid 60s with a light breeze. Dry cool and pleasant. The iron pour was it's usual success a number of guys cast swage blocks, I'm really looking forward to seeing how they turn out. 

Sean couldn't make it this year so things got slow around my anvil while I took breaks. All in all I think it went pretty well.

How was your weekend?

Jer

Busy I am trying to get ready for our next show. Rebecca had a birthday. We got an order for a dozen of our cheapest knives. Hoping to go dip netting soon. No real excuse for missing the show though. PM me your cell number and I will text you some pictures of Rebecca's art pieces she sold at the botanical garden a couple weeks ago.

No surprise there, you're always busy. Oh okay your utter lack of a real excuse is accepted. Next year maybe. Heck, bring Rebecca, she can work on her garden art and make some sales. Hmmm? You're starting to sell quite a few knives aren't you? I don't recall, were you in on the club grinder build?

I just shot off the PM I'd like to see Rebecca's work Wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me please. 

Jer